COVID-19 Response: March 23, 2020
COVID-19 Response: March 18, 2020
Your Safety is Our Priority
Country Cookin’s COVID-19 Response Action
The health, safety, and wellbeing of every staff member and guest have always been, and remain, our top priority at Country Cookin. We have had strong procedures and policies in place to ensure food safety and cleanliness for many years. These include:
- Frequent handwashing, following ServSafe guidelines
- Food handlers wearing gloves and hair covering
- Proper food handling procedures, following ServSafe guidelines
- Correct handling of glasses and cups using finger grooves and handles only
- Frequent wiping down of salad bar utensils with sanitizing solution
- Proper restroom cleaning procedures
- Proper sanitizing and disinfecting procedures
- Full daily cleaning of entire restaurant
- Not allowing sick, or potentially sick, individuals to report to work
In response to the rapidly increasing concerns surrounding the COVID-19 disease, we are taking additional steps to ensure Country Cookin remains a safe place to both work and eat. We continue to monitor this fluid situation and adapt as appropriate. Some steps we are taking now include:
- Modified Store Hours: Sunday-Saturday 11 a.m.-8 p.m. serving Lunch & Dinner (no Breakfast at this time). Harrisonburg will be open Monday – Saturday 11am – 7pm and Sunday 11am – 6pm.
- Enhanced staff training
- Increased spending on staff and sanitation supplies
- Increased sanitation and disinfecting frequency
- Replacing all hand washing & sanitation posters to ensure they are visible and easily accessible to staff
- Adding hand sanitizer stations for guest use
- Temporarily moving to disposable “placemat” menus
- Sanitizing menus between every use until placemat menus arrive
- Sanitizing tables and seating between every guest
- Removing all condiment bottles
- Servers wearing gloves when rolling silverware
- Removing all marketing materials from the tables
- Removing crayon cups from tables and disposing of crayons after each use
- Removing toothpick dispenser from register counter
- Changing out serving utensils multiple times each day
- Placing protective sheets at the salad bar for guests to use as a protective barrier between hands and serving utensils
- Creating additional entrée only menu options
Thank you for your patience and trust during these extraordinary times.
Tom Dodson Named Country Cookin President
The Quarter Boy Appears on UpWorthy
UpWorthy shares new Quarter Boy video and the Quarters for Kindness campaign at Country Cookin.
Country Cookin Gives $25,000 in Free Meals
We are immensely proud to share we treated members and veterans of the U.S. Military to nearly $25,000 in free meals for Troop Appreciation Tuesday on November 13, 2018. Thank you for all you do to protect our freedom! It was our honor and privilege to feed you!
Bear Sighted Behind Our Corporate office and Brambleton Ave Location.
The Quarter Boy Appears on WDBJ7
The Quarter Boy appears on WDBJ7 to promote his campaign for kindness and Country Cookin’s Quarters for Kindness Promotion.
The Quarter Boy Appears on WSLS
The Quarter Boy Appears on WSLS to promote his mission and Quarters for Kindness campaign at Country Cookin.