We are proud to make a difference in the community around us.
Honoring Those Who Make a Difference
- Country Cookin has provided locations for fundraising efforts by the national D-Day Memorial and with our guests have raised over $10,000.
- We honor active, reserve, retired, and honorably discharged military personnel on Veteran’s Day with a free salad bar and give police, EMS, fire, and military personnel 10% on the first Thursday of every month.
Bettering the Lives of our Employees through Education
- Country Cookin annually awards college scholarships, in memory of former District Manager Willie Jenkins and former owner Roger Smith, to our employees. Employees qualify on a combination of grade point average, letters of recommendation from their manager, and an essay.
- Each location does an annual coupon fundraiser to raise the local portion of scholarship funds. The corporate portion of funds is raised at the annual Scholarship Golf Tournament.
- Our annual coupon fundraiser also supports our corporate charity, No Kid Hungry and regional charities such as Blue Ridge CASA for Children
- To date, Country Cookin has given more than $240,000 in scholarships to deserving student employees.
Bettering the Lives of Those in Need
- We’ve assisted the families of young children with medical problems, bought rocking chairs for the Roanoke Community Hospital Neo-Natal Intensive Care Unit, bought gifts for children on area angel trees, and provided support to families who have lost all their possessions in a house fire.
- The Roanoke area restaurants raised money for the family of Virginia Tech Massacre victim Henry Lee. A company match brought the total donation to $5,000.
- All locations raised funds following Hurricane Katrina which were matched by the company and then donated to the American Red Cross. Donations totaled over $10,000.
Creating Opportunities for Young People
- Country Cookin employs a large number of high school and college students, and provides a flexible work schedule to allow them to focus on their education and still earn a needed paycheck.
- Country Cookin contributes hundreds of free meal cards for auction to charitable causes throughout the year in support of local schools, churches, and other worthy organizations who request assistance.
At Country Cookin, we believe in the power of community. You’ll see evidence of that in our school partnership program and church support program. We hold events throughout the year to honor those who put their own lives at risk to protect ours. We raise money for worthy causes and donate hundreds of free meals to charity fundraisers every year. We’re proud to make a positive difference in the lives of those around us.
School Partnership Program provides support to area educators
Church Support Program helps churches to raise money to further their ministry goals
Community Support we give back to the communities where we live and work
Country Cookin Scholarship Winners we give back to our employees
Annual Scholarship Golf Tournament a day of fun for a great cause
Being a good neighbor is a way of life at Country Cookin.